
Growing up as a child amongst grown adults, I had a fascination with money. The sight, sound, and smell of it made my eyes light up. But it was a different obsession than one would assume.
I did not want it for the pure reason of replacing it for something valuable. I wanted it as my own personal collection. I collected and studied the form and details of coins. I wanted the rarest and oldest coins. And I found that it wasn’t too difficult to find.
When my parents would receive change from a cashier, I would ask to look at it before they shoved it into their purse or pocket. And so often I would find coins older than the 1950s.
It’s amazing how easy it was to find all of this. I have found as I have gotten older, that the reason I was able to discover these rare coins is because I was looking for them. Now that I am older, I do not look to find these coins, so it is as if that world has disappeared from my life.
This teaches a valuable life lesson. A lesson that is much more valuable than the price of money. You find what you look for in life. Your ambitions and desires will be met if you search hard enough. Our minds are set to find what we desire, and whatever that might be, we can find it if we look hard enough.
I found the coin collection that I desired when I was a kid. Now I am finding everything that makes me happy as an adult.
No comments:
Post a Comment